Me and my boyfriend in beautiful Hawaii

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sam Hamill- "Necessity to Speak"

February 2, 2011



While reading what Sam Hamill wrote, there were things that I agreed with and there were also things that I disagreed with. Sam Hamill did mention how writing is a form of human communication. I absolutely agree with this! I feel that when we write, we are expressing our own individual emotion. If anyone has ever researched history about certain authors, you can find out which authors write their novels on personal experience from the past. By the authors that write from experiences in the past, they are expressing their emotion through writing novels. Not only do I notice that when reading books you can tell that authors include personal experiences, but when I write little stories or essays, I also base them on my own personal experience. Sam Hamill also mentioned how poetry can be embarrassing for some people. I also agree with this. I find poetry to be something that an individual comes up with. When reading the poems, I felt as if i could tell what the author was trying to communicate through the poem. 
Sam Hamill also stated that every individual should speak up. I feel like this is a great way to inform people about consequences. If others don’t always speak up then not everyone will know what is right or wrong. When others speak up to others, they could be giving them positive and negative feed back in ways that it can help an individual. 
One thing that Sam Hamill mentioned in his writing that I partially agree with and partially don’t agree with was when he started talking about violence. He made it sound like when individuals see violence happen in their own home or surroundings that that individual will carry that with them where ever they go. I agree with this to a point. I have heard and seen people who were treated with violence at a younger age, grow up to where they treat everyone with violence. But, I have also seen people who have been treated with violence when they were younger, but realized that it was not right and rarely showed violence towards others. All in all, I feel that Sam Hamill had stated many good ideas in his writing with well reasonings to back up his ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment