Me and my boyfriend in beautiful Hawaii

Friday, March 25, 2011

Letter

March 25, 2011
Dear Laura Cline, 
I have always enjoyed all english classes that I have taken, and I also enjoy this English 102 class. I feel that I enjoy english classes so much because I like to read and write. Of course I have had some challenges so far this semester. One of the biggest challenges of this class this semester is finding the time to write the essays that are due. With all of the other classes im taking, I feel like im struggling to find the time to write the essays, but I do get them done and submit them on time. Another struggle that im having in the class is writing the papers about a specific topic. I find that I write papers better when I get to choose the topic, such as it was in English 101. When I have to write on a specific topic, I get stuck on what to write about and its harder to make the paper length requirements. 
So far we have read The Sandstorm and The Things They Carried in this class. I felt that both of these stories were very touching. When reading both, at times it made you feel like you were actually there. 
Im not very fond of writing literary analysis papers. This is probably one of the types of papers that I seem to struggle with the most. Im not sure if I just don’t understand it or what it is, but I can’t seem to write them correctly. I feel that literary analysis papers are very confusing to me to write and when I read them. So far the papers I have written in my different english classes have been papers that I have gotten to choose the topic on, which I feel is a lot easier and I feel like when you get to choose the paper topic that your paper will be more effective because its actually something that you want to write about. 
My goals for the rest of this semester in English 102, is to try to focus and understand literary analysis better and how to become a better writer when it comes to writing essays with a specific topic. When I normally write papers/essays, I just keep writing without stopping, but when I have been writing about literary analysis or a specific topic, I keep stopping because I get stuck on my writing and am not sure on what to write about next. My trying to concentrate more on this specific struggle, I hope to improve it by the end of this semester.
Sincerely, 
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment