Me and my boyfriend in beautiful Hawaii

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sean Huze "The Sandstorm"

I didn’t like Sean Huze’s play “The Sandstorm” very much. Im not sure why I didn’t like it, but I think its because I didn’t fully understand the play. I think that Sean Huze is a good author/play writer, such as how he showed great emotion in his writing. He wrote about how the soldiers felt when they were forced to kill a child or a person, he also wrote how the soldiers are forced to do things. I felt the play being a very gloomy, sad, and depressing play. The play seemed to include little scenes about a different person, such as the first person they started talking about was about a little boy that got killed, then they went to talking about a family that got burned up in flames. I think that if the play would have just focused on one specific person or family, that it would have been less confusing, and a better play. Of course, I haven’t seen this play in person, possibly if I would ever have the chance to see this play in person, my opinion about the play would be different and maybe I would understand it more. I thought the play was too depressing for my liking, but it does show you how realistic it is to be deployed into a war, and what the soldiers are forced to do. 
Link for image:
Link for Website: 

No comments:

Post a Comment